How to Submit
CALL FOR PAPERS
Episteme is published under the auspices of Denison University’s Department of Philosophy. *Beginning in 2011, the journal is being published at this new online location, too, using a Creative Commons license.
Episteme will consider papers written by undergraduate students in any area of philosophy. Papers are evaluated according to the following criteria: quality of research, depth of philosophic inquiry, creativity, original insight and clarity. Submissions to be considered for the twenty-seventh volume (May 2016) should adhere to the following stipulations:
1. Be a maximum of 5,000 words, a minimum of 2,000 words.
2. Combine research and original insight.
3. Include a cover sheet that provides the following information: author’s name, mailing address (current and permanent), email address, telephone number, college or university name, title of submission and word count.
4. Include a works cited page in the Chicago Manual of Style format. Please use endnotes rather than footnotes.
5. To allow for a blind review process, the author’s name should not appear on the manuscript itself.
6. Submissions should be sent electronically, formatted for Microsoft Word.
Please send papers and cover sheets to email@example.com.
Rolling submissions accepted. Submissions to be considered for May 2016 publication must be received by midnight, December 19, 2015.
Questions should be submitted to the Editors (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Print Call For Papers and distribute it in your department!
In order to view PDF documents, you will need to have the free Adobe Acrobat Reader software installed on your computer.